Operator information panel assembly installation movie - IBM System x3500
To install the Operator information panel assembly:
- Position the assembly between the chassis guides, then slide it forward until secured by the latch.
- Connect the operator panel cable to the system board and thread it through the cable retainers.
Install the Front Fan Cage:
- Align the guides on the fan cage with the release latches on each side.
- Push the cage into the server until it latches into place.
Here's a closer look at the alignment tab on the chassis and slot in the cage assembly.
Install the Processor Front Duct:
- Position the processor front duct between the chassis members and seat it in the chassis alignment holes.
Here's a close-up of the alignment action.
Install the Power Supply:
- Press to release the cage locking tab, then rotate the cage down and rotate the handle down to secure it in place.
- Place the power supply into the bay and push it in until it locks into place.
- Use the same procedure to install Power Supply 2, if installed
Install the Hot-swap Fans:
- Open the fan-locking handle on the fan.
- Lower the fan into the socket and close the handle to the locked position.
- Use the same procedure to install any additional fans.
Install the Bezel:
- Insert the hinge tabs on the right side of the bezel into the slots on the server chassis; then, rotate the bezel until secured by the three latches.
Here's a closer look at a hinge tab.
Install the Left-side Cover:
- Position the channel on the cover over the rail on the bottom edge of the chassis.
- Rotate the cover closed, ensuring the latch secures it in place.
- Lock the side cover, if required.
For specific instructions for the removal and installation of hardware.
Applicable countries and regions
Back to top
Document id: MIGR-5075141
Last modified: 2008-03-21
Copyright © 2014 IBM Corporation