Note: You now have two ways of downloading files with the *.sh extension. You can use either the IBM Download Director, or the HTTP protocol to download these files. Do NOT use FTP as this will only cause the file to open your browser.
This is the drivers software release for all IBM eServer BladeCenter and System x Broadcom-based NetXtreme II Ethernet products, including both on-board Ethernet and adapter options.
The supported Broadcom (R) NetXtreme II (TM) chipsets include BCM5706, BCM5708, BCM5709, BCM57710, and BCM57711.
The supported adapter options include:
39Y6066 - NetXtreme II 1000 Express Ethernet Adapter
42C1780 - NetXtreme II 1000 Express Dual Port Ethernet Adapter
42C1790 - NetXtreme II 10 GigE Express Fiber SR Adapter
44W4479 - 2/4 Port Ethernet Expansion Card CFFh for IBM BladeCenter
44W4465 - 2/4 Port 10Gb Ethernet Expansion Card CFFh for IBM BladeCenter All
Microsoft Windows device drivers are digitally signed.
WARNING: Any x3850M2/x3950M2 server is required to be updated to Version 1.05 (Build A3E145A) system BIOS, or later, prior to any device driver software update.
- When updating drivers via UXSPi, the utility will prompt version number(s) of drivers loaded on system that are pertinent to the Operating System being updated. After the utility completes and drivers are updated, there may be some driver version(s) where the New Version does not match the Installed Version. This may be because the adapter corresponding to the driver is not installed. Adapters must be installed to gain proper version numbers from the utility. Please disregard version numbers that do not pertain to the adapter(s) you have installed.
- When extracting files from this package, Windows 2008 R2 extract to floppy may not work. This is due to change in Windows security settings, and may become a limitation.
|Software || |
|Previous CD Version |
|Windows 2003 Driver NX2 ||184.108.40.206 ||220.127.116.11 |
|Windows 2008 Driver NX2 ||18.104.22.168 ||22.214.171.124 |
|iSCSI Crash Dump Driver ||126.96.36.199 ||188.8.131.52 |
|iSCSI Crash Dump Driver NX2_Ev ||184.108.40.206 ||220.127.116.11 |
|RIS w2k3 Driver ||18.104.22.168 ||22.214.171.124 |
|RIS w2k3 Driver NX2_EV ||126.96.36.199 ||188.8.131.52 |
|VBD Driver ||184.108.40.206 ||220.127.116.11 |
|VBD Driver NX2_Ev ||18.104.22.168 ||22.214.171.124 |
- BCM5706 NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM5706S NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM5708 NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM5708S NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM5709 NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM5709S NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM5716 NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM57710 NetXtreme II 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- BCM57711 NetXtreme II 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Key Fixes & Enhancements with this T5.0a.4.3 sw CD release include:
- Enhanced PXE, so BOFM code will treat ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff as an invalid MAC.
- Enhanced PXE, so logic will clear out VLAN field only if backup MAC is present.
- NX2 VBD changed to address issue handling > 64 CPUs under Windows 7.
- BASP6 updated to address memory leak issue seen under certain conditions.
- Added CL73 support to 5771x RIS driver.
- Enhanced 5771x boot code + diag in order to allow for PCI-E preemphasis tuning
- Enhanced 5709 boot code + diag in order to allow for PCI-E preemphasis tuning
- OIS driver requires KB943295 when running on Server2003 (virtual model support for server2003). This hotfix can be downloaded from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943295. For F6 installation to iSCSI drive, the hotfix has to be slip-streamed to the Windows 2003 installation CD.
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Support BACS3 will require .NET to be pre-installed prior to launching the application. When hot adding an adapter with BASP6 Jumbo frame is only supported with all members running the same MTU size. The latest drivers can also be downloaded from: http://www.ibm.com/support/us.
- The Broadcom VBD architecture supports Windows 2000, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Server platforms. The software components under "b06bdrv" and "l2nd" from \W2K are designed to run normal L2 NDIS traffic for NDIS 5.0. The software components under "b06bdrv" and "l2nd" from \W2K3_W2K8 and \W2K3_W2K8_64 are designed to run normal L2 NDIS traffic for NDIS 5.2 and NDIS 6.0. The software components under "b06bdrv" and "l4nd" from \W2K3_W2K8 and \W2K3_W2K8_64 are designed to run normal L4 NDIS traffic for NDIS 5.2 for BCM5706, 5708 and some BCM 5709 devices.
- For full CL73 support bootcode/firmware and drivers need to be updated to T5.0a.
- No HyperV VMQ support.
- No TOE HyperV support in guest OS.
To view PDF files you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat installed on your system.
Get Adobe® Reader®