RETAIN tip: H207095
A firmware update to an IBM Flex System Chassis Management Module (CMM) with less than 250 megabytes (MB) total space fails and displays the error:
| ||Timeout occurred while retrieving firmware file |
The CMM's total space can be seen from the following path:
| ||Mgt Module Management --> File Management |
The system may be any of the following IBM servers:
- Flex System Enterprise Chassis, type 7893, any model
- Flex System Enterprise Chassis, type 8721, any model
- Flex System Enterprise Chassis, type 8724, any model
The system is configured with one or more of the following IBM Options:
- Flex System Chassis Management Module, Option part number 68Y7029, Replacement part number (CRU) 68Y7032
This tip is not software specific.
- Download the following file: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/system_x/cogent_27364_mefs_emergency.uxp
- Upload the file downloaded in step 1 to a remote location.
- Close all web sessions to the CMM.
- Log in to the CMM Command Line Interface (CLI) with an account that has Supervisor authority.
- Use the update command to run the file from step 1. For example,
| ||update -u https://<host ipv4 address>[[/<path>]/cogent_27364_mefs_emergency.uxp -T MM[<CMM unit number>] |
- Restart the CMM:
| ||reset -T MM[<CMM unit number>] |
- Update the CMM firmware.
For additional information on using the update command, refer to the CMM CLI Guide that comes with the CMM firmware update package.