RETAIN tip: H207272
Accessing the Chassis Management Module (CMM) through Secure Shell (SSH) using the root account causes the CMM to restart.
The system may be any of the following IBM servers:
- Flex System Enterprise Chassis, type 7893, any model
- Flex System Enterprise Chassis, type 8721, any model
- Flex System Enterprise Chassis, type 8724, any model
The system is configured with one or more of the following IBM Options:
- Flex System Chassis Management Module, Option part number 68Y7029, any replacement part number (CRU)
This tip is not software specific.
The Build ID: 2PET10K and prior firmware for the Chassis Management Module (CMM) is affected.
This behavior will be corrected in a future release of Chassis Management Module (CMM) firmware.
The target date for this release is scheduled for august 2013.
The file will be available by selecting the appropriate Product Group, type of System, Product name, Product machine type, and Operating system on IBM Support's Fix Central web page, at the following URL:
- Do not create a user account called 'root.'
- Delete any existing 'root' user account.
Note: Do not attempt to use Secure Shell (SSH) to the Chassis Management Module (CMM) with user account 'root.'