RETAIN tip: H207478
Advanced Management Module (AMM) (option part number 25R5778, replacement part number (FRU) 44X3058 or 68Y7082) report the following messages in the Event Log:
| ||Failure reading device on system management bus 0. Local card bus. |
Primary MM local management bus failed.
These messages are usually followed by a recovery message.
The system can be any of the following IBM servers:
- BladeCenter E Chassis, type 7967, any model
- BladeCenter E Chassis, type 8677, any model
- BladeCenter H Chassis, type 7989, any model
- BladeCenter H Chassis, type 8852, any model
- BladeCenter HT (AC) Chassis, type 8750, any model
- BladeCenter HT (DC) Chassis, type 8740, any model
- BladeCenter S Chassis, type 1948, any model
- BladeCenter S Chassis, type 7779, any model
- BladeCenter S Chassis, type 8886, any model
- BladeCenter T Chassis, type 8720, any model
- BladeCenter T Chassis, type 8730, any model
This tip is not software specific.
The system is configured with one or more of the following IBM option part numbers:
- BladeCenter Advanced Management Module, option part number 25R5778, replacement part number (FRU) 44X3058 or 68Y7082
The following system firmware levels are affected:
- AMM firmware 3.62U and earlier levels
The system has the symptom described above.
This behavior was corrected in AMM firmware version 3.62Y and later levels.
The file is available by selecting the appropriate Product Group, type of System, Product name, Product machine type, and Operating system on IBM Support's Fix Central web page, at the following URL:
Refer to RETAIN Tip H204786 (MIGR-5089157) for similar symptoms on AMM replacement part numbers other than 25R5778, 44X3058, or 68Y7082.