RETAIN tip: H207741
The VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) with IBM Customization Installable versions 5.0, 5.0u1, 5.0u2, and 5.1 all have a patch that can be applied to fix multiple issues.
This patch is not critical.
The details for the fixes and feature enhancements can be found within the change file with the patch on IBM Fix Central.
The system is configured with at least one of the following operating systems:
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5.0 with IBM Customization Installable, any update
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5.1 with IBM Customization Installable, any update
This tip is not system specific.
This tip is not option specific.
Notes: This does not imply that the network operating system will work under all combinations of hardware and software.
Please see the compatibility page for more information: http://www.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/
The fix can be located at the following URL (login is required):
- To find the fix, perform a quick search for your system in the left search box.
- A pop-up box will appear with results. Choose your system, but do not choose your Operating System support.
- Click Finish. This will take you to the next page with your system listed under Download and Fixes.
- Click again on that link. This will take you to the final download page.
- On this page, there will be a link with the text: 'Embedded Hypervisor'. Click that link.
- This link will drop you down the page to the patch code. It has the name: 'VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0 with IBM Customization Patch X'.
A new patch is released quarterly to Fix Central.
The patch can be applied only to IBM's release of VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) with IBM Customization. These patches are not supported when applied to a VMware base image.
This patch also is supported when applied to the IBM Universal Serial Bus (USB) Memory Key for VMware vSphere Hypervisor ESXi 5.x.