RETAIN tip: H207754
The Chassis Management Module (CMM) does not display Hard Disk Drives (HDD) present in a Power Compute Node in the hardware inventory (Chassis Management, Hardware Topology, Power compute node).
The system may be any of the following IBM servers:
- Flex System p24L Compute Node, type 1457, any model
- Flex System p260 Compute Node, type 7895, any model
- Flex System p460 Compute Node, type 7895, any model
The system is configured with one or more of the following IBM Options:
- Flex System Chassis Management Module, Option part number 68Y7029, any Replacement part number (CRU)
This tip is not software specific.
The following system firmware level(s) are affected:
- AF763_048_043 and previous
This behavior will be corrected in a future release of Power Systems firmware.
The target date for this release is scheduled for second quarter 2013.
The file will be available by selecting the appropriate Product Group, type of System, Product name, Product machine type, and Operating system on IBM Support's Fix Central web page, at the following URL:
This issue occurs because the HDD presence information is not sent to the CMM by the power compute node firmware.