IBM FastSetup software
Platform management tool for fast server deployment.
Speed your server deployment and maintenance!
IBM FastSetup is a no-cost software tool that helps simplify the maintenance and deployment of select IBM x86 servers including: System x rack servers, BladeCenter blade servers, and IBM Flex System compute nodes. The intuitive GUI initializes all phases of server setup, including discovery, update, and configuration. Features include templates that enable replication of settings across many servers and automation that reduces both hands-on time and user errors. Wizards and other default settings enable flexible customization capabilities. The low-touch, set-once and walk-away feature reduces the hands-on server setup time from days to minutes, particularly for larger deployments.
- IT administrators
- IBM Business Partners
- Value Added Resellers (VARs)
Supported systems and components are detailed in the IBM FastSetup white paper and include:
- BladeCenter blade servers: HS23, HS22, HS22V, HS23E, HX5 (Note: No new management server is required.)
- The BladeCenter H chassis and internal components
- IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- IBM Flex System compute nodes: x220, x240, x440 (Note: IBM FastSetup will exit if a Flex System Manager is present on the network It is highly recommended that the Flex System Manager be utilized to manage the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis. IBM FastSetup can still be used to support System x, and BladeCenter servers in this environment.
- IBM System x3550 M4 and x3650 M4 servers
- The IBM FastSetup software is available as a no-charge download
| || |
Support for the following IBM BladeCenter components:
- IBM BladeCenter-H Chassis (8852)
- IBM BladeCenter HS23 (7875, 1929)
- IBM BladeCenter HS23E (8038, 8039)
- IBM BladeCenter HS22 (7870, 1936, 7809, 1911)
- IBM BladeCenter HS22V (7871, 1949)
- IBM BladeCenter HX5 (7872, 1909, 7873, 1910)
Support for the following IBM Flex System components:
- IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis (7893, 8721, 8724)
- IBM Flex System x220 Compute Node (7906)
- IBM Flex System x240 Compute Node (7863, 8737)
- IBM Flex System x440 Compute Node (7917)
Support for the following System x servers:
- IBM System x3550 M4 (7914)
- IBM System x3650 M4 (7915)
Learn about other IBM ToolCenter offerings