Memory accessories - IBM Flex System p24L Compute Node
|Description ||Marketing part number ||Replacement part number ||CRU/FRU type |
|2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz LP RDIMM w/o HS ||78P1011 ||78P1011 || |
|4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz VLP RDIMM ||78P0501 ||78P0501 || |
|8 GB DDR3 1066 MHz VLP RDIMM w/ HS ||78P0502 ||78P0502 || |
|16 GB DDR3 1066 MHz LP RDIMM w/ HS ||78P0639 ||78P0639 || |
There are 16 buffered DIMM slots on the p24L for a maximum of 256 GB (16x 16 GB DIMMs).
The memory-placement rules are as follows:
- Install DIMM fillers in unused DIMM slots to ensure proper cooling.
- Install DIMMs in pairs. Both need to be the same size.
- Both DIMMs in a pair must be the same size, speed, type, and technology. You can mix compatible DIMMs from multiple manufacturers.
- Install only supported DIMMs, as described on the IBM ServerProven website:
Storage configuration impact to memory configuration
- If HDDs are chosen, then only very-low-profile (VLP) DIMMs can be used because of internal spacing. There is not enough room for the 2.5-inch drives to be used with low-profile (LP) DIMMs. Verify your memory choice to make sure it is compatible with the local storage configuration.
- The use of SSDs does not have the same limitation, and LP (or VLP) DIMMs can be used with SSDs.
Applicable countries and regions
Back to top
Document id: MIGR-5090314
Last modified: 2013-04-12
Copyright © 2014 IBM Corporation