International Warranty Service (IWS) Terms and Conditions
IBM International Warranty Service allows you to relocate any machine that is eligible for International Warranty Service and receive continued warranty service. If you move your machine to a different country, you are required to report the machine information to your business partner or IBM representative.
Features and benefits of International Warranty Service coverage
- This no-charge warranty service applies to all machines that are eligible for International Warranty Service.
- Under International Warranty Service, you may obtain warranty service throughout the machine warranty period in any country in which the machine is serviced.
- Warranty service may be performed by IBM, IBM service providers, or agents approved to perform warranty service.
- The type of warranty service (Customer Replaceable Unit or On-site Repair) or Service Level (9x5 Next Business Day or 24x7 Same Day) in the destination country may be different from that which is provided in the original country of purchase. The types of warranty service and service level are subject to local practice. IBM reserves the right to change or modify its type of warranty service and service level by country at any time without notice.
- The observed warranty period will be that of the country in which the product was originally purchased.
- To determine your machine's eligibility, select your product group from the links below, then select your machine type.
- To confirm if warranty service is available in a specific country either select your product to view a list of countries or link to Planetwide for country Technical Support contact information.
Note: Service procedures may vary by country, and some service and/or parts may not be available in all countries. Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service. International Warranty Service eligibility is based on the four-digit machine type; however, certain countries may not have the capability of servicing all models of a particular machine type. In cases where the country may not have the ability to service a particular model, service may be provided on a "best effort" basis and some fees or restrictions may apply. An alternative would be to attempt to obtain warranty service in a neighboring country listed for the machine in question.
Electrical power and plugs vary throughout the world. Please ensure machines you wish to relocate are compatible in the new country. Equipment is often subject to local laws (particularly modems). Please ensure that the equipment is acceptable under the laws in the country of relocation.
IWS does not cover any damage caused by moving equipment from one location to another. When relocating equipment, please ensure that all equipment is carefully packaged to ensure that no damage occurs.
Enter the machine type and serial number information found on the back of the system to check your warranty status:
Customers can determine a machine's IWS eligibility by reviewing the product announcement letter Web site. For more information on International Warranty Service, please reference the following announcement numbers:
- U.S. - 115-109
- Canada - A15-0600
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa - ZG15-0193
- Asia Pacific - AG15-0122
- Latin America - LG15-0161
Applicable countries and regions
Document id: GCOR-3FBJK2
Last modified: 2015-07-16
Copyright © 2016 IBM Corporation