RETAIN tip: H204786
After updating the Advanced Management Module (AMM) firmware to Build ID: BPET62C, BPET62F, BPET62J, BPET62S, or BPET62T, the AMM event log has the entry:
| ||Primary Management Module (MM) local management bus failed. Failure reading device on system management bus 0. |
If the system is configured with a redundant AMM, a failover may also occur.
The system may be any of the following IBM servers:
- BladeCenter E, type 8677, any model
- BladeCenter H, type 7989, any model
- BladeCenter H, type 8852, any model
- BladeCenter S, type 1948, any model
- BladeCenter S, type 7779, any model
- BladeCenter S, type 8886, any model
The system is configured with one or more of the following IBM Options:
- BladeCenter Advanced Management Module, Option part number 25R5778, Replacement part number 25R5777
This tip is not software specific.
The 62C through 62N, 62S, 62T firmware for the AMM is affected.
This behavior was corrected in IBM BladeCenter Advanced Management Module firmware version 3.62U Build ID: BPET62U.
The file is or will be available by selecting the appropriate Product Group, type of System, Product name, Product machine type, and Operating system on IBM Support's Fix Central web page, at the following URL:
Do not replace hardware.