RETAIN tip: H206359
If either of the two (2) following commands are run to either detect or bind the 'ib_srp' targets and Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs) on all 'ib_srp' hosts at once, then the targets are not detected properly and no LUNs are bound:
- srp_daemon -f /etc/ddn/srp_daemon.conf -i mlx4_0 -p 1 -a -o
- run_srp_daemon -f /etc/ddn/srp_daemon.conf -R 300 -T 60 -ance -i mlx4_0 -p 1 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null and
Instead, the hosts require the Secure Remote Password (SRP) daemon to be started sequentially (with a 2 second pause between each). With this method, the targets are discovered and the LUNs are bound successfully.
The system maybe any of the following IBM servers:
- IBM System Cluster 1350, type 1410, any model
This tip is not software specific.
This tip is not option specific.
The following system firmware level(s) are affected:
- Release 188.8.131.52 Version 10584
This behavior will be corrected in a future release of DataDirect Networks (DDN) SFA 12K firmware.
The target date for this release is scheduled for fourth quarter 2012.
The file is or will be available by selecting the appropriate Product Group, type of System, Product name, Product machine type, and Operating system on IBM Support's Fix Central web page, at the following URL:
- Run the following command:
| ||srp_daemon -f /etc/ddn/srp_daemon.conf -i mlx4_0 -p 1 -a -o |
- After a 2-second pause, run this command:
| ||run_srp_daemon -f /etc/ddn/srp_daemon.conf -R 300 -T 60 -ance -i mlx4_0 -p 1 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null and |